I really do want to try and catch up . . . I know if I don't I will regret it, especially if I ever print my blog . . . so maybe this week I will catch up and blog our terrific, busy summer! :)
Back in May Lawton and I tagged along with the second graders from Chad's school and went on their three day, two night trip to Land Between the Lakes in Kentucky. Even though he had only turned five just weeks before, he jumped right in and hung with the second graders. So much fun!
Here we are at the
Homeplace, a living historical farm. Very interesting!

Here is the small group we were with . . . notice little guy in the middle. ;)

All the kids get to have a supervised, planned pillow fight. What second grader wouldn't love to have a pillow fight with their principal? See Chad in the midst of the controlled chaos?

Lawton thought he was big time participating in his first pillow fight ever!

Roasting marshmallows in the fireplace . . .

A game of Simon Says - Lawton in the blue coat and
camouflage pants :)

We went creek stomping and ended up getting very wet. Some of the kids were basically swimming in the creek and having the time of their lives! Didn't get one of those pictures,though!

Doin' a little pole fishing!

At the pond study they were trying to catch tadpoles and salamanders and other things I sadly can't remember now.

There was something alive in there!


So glad the second grade teachers let us tag along on their field trip. :) Chad has gone with them the past several years and wanted to let Lawton in on the fun this year. So fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment