Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Holiday World 2010

Immediately after we went camping with Chad and Shelly, we headed up to Indiana to Holiday World to camp for a few days with Noni and Dandy and Kathryn, Andrew and Luke. We camped at Lincoln State Park, just five minutes away from Holiday World. We loved the campground, loved Holiday World and would love to make this an annual get-away! The only picture I actually took AT the campground . . . Luke and Carolina were about to go on a bike ride. :)
They LOVED the kiddie rides!
Think she was excited? ;)
And a very serious, intense Lawton!
Dandy, Noni and Sister (driving) ha!

The attendant kept telling them "Keep your hands out of the water!" Ha! I wonder how many times they have to say that to two year olds a day?!?
We also spent the latter half of two days in the Splashin' Safari Water Park attached to Holiday World, but for obvious reasons I don't have any pictures of that time. . .
Here we are (minus Kathryn, Andrew and Luke) at the end of a fun filled busy two days!
And this picture pretty much sums it all up . . . a nasty, sweaty, sticky, sun-screened exhausted no nap girl!
I love this picture! ha! Shows my green-eyed "why-are-you-laughing-at-me-and-taking-my-picture" girl. ;)
Lawton can't even muster a smile at this point . . . Oh, and I might add - we rode The Voyage right before closing on the second day - the BEST roller coaster I have ever ridden!
The next day on our way home, we stopped and looked around Lincoln State Park at Lincoln's Boyhood home.
Look how little they are! :)
Sums her up pretty good . . .
They had a living, historical farm, similar to LBL. The kids were allowed to feed the cows from the garden. :)

And if you weren't sure if Sis has personality, this says it all! :) She loved the "show-der" ride on Dandy!

1 comment:

chesley said...

loved your christmas card! carolina is looking like such a big girl now! i miss reading about your adventures - but i know how it is!! hope you guys are doing great!!