Thursday, May 28, 2009

Kelly's Korner - kids' rooms!

It's another Show Us Where You Live Friday over at Kelly's Korner! This week it's kid's rooms, and so I jumped in! Warning: there are lots of pictures . . . but after you skim these, go check out some more at Kelly's!
Lawton's room
This is the view to the left when you walk in his room. A man at the flea market custom made this and a changing table/dresser for cheap! I love the distressed look!
My sister cross-stitched this for Lawton. She spent hundreds of hours on this meticulous work! I will always treasure it!
This grain bucket came from the flea market as well. Would you say he has too many stuffed animals? How do these things accumulate? I think WE only actually purchased ONE!
This is the view that you see when you walk in the room, straight ahead/to the right a little. I got a lot of grief from my helpers when we painted this room when we moved in. I was a little anal . . . but so glad because these stripes are completely straight and perfect! :) His nursery was cowboy, too, so I just had to make an extra curtain when we moved and the pillow shams. The comforter was actually mine in high school (pretty girly, huh?) and the bed was also mine growing up. I painted these for his room to hang over his crib, and now over his bed.
When he was a baby, I saw these sheets (behind the shams) on clearance at Target and snatched them up! They match the print of his curtains/shams perfectly, just a shade or two darker!
My sister-in-law made this cute box tote! She is so talented!

The cowboy hooks were a baby present . . . and we write on his calendar every single night to recap the day with him.
This is the view to the right when you walk in his room. (This is the other piece the man from the flea market made for us.) The scrapbook on top is from his first year. I have also done his second year, but have no idea where I should put it. . . I haven't even started Carolina's and haven't done anything else on Lawton's since his second birthday party . . .
Carolina's room
Here is the view of Carolina's room when you walk in the door.
I made her bedding (I'm crazy . . .) and her name on the wall as well. I bought the letters (MDF maybe?) at Michael's and then Mod Podged scrapbook paper on top of them.
My sister cross-stitched this for Carolina. Isn't it awesome?! She actually bought the kit this way (colors and everything) and it matches perfectly! She even did Carolina's before Luke's, her first, who was born eight weeks before Carolina! I love it!
This dresser was my mother-in-law's when she was little. Notice the cute little highchair she got for her birthday! :)
This is the most comfortable chair EVER! There is no telling how many hours I have sat in this chair nursing two babies and reading thousands of books to my kiddos! The Snow White bear and doll were gifts from Lawton for Christmas and her birthday respectively. I'm not sure why he has insisted on Snow White! Oh, and the circles on the wall? Each circle took five coats - BY HAND. I think I was smoking something when I decided to do these. . . ha!
This chiffarobe was also in Chad's family. Love it.
These are the newest additions to the room - she got all of these for her birthday! :)
To the left of this picture is the door to her room and to the right is her closet. I love that it is so close to her changing table. I snatched this changing table (already this color) and the smaller baskets up at a consignment sale. Score! I made the wall hangings above, too.
I also made this bow holder to match her room. Lucky for me, I have a friend who gave me the three left rows of bows for Carolina to grow into! Score again! :)

Thanks for touring my kid's rooms!

12 comments:

The Anglin Family said...

Your kids rooms are precious! I LOVE Lawton's room! Too cute! My kids rooms are messy so I didn't post them!

Anna said...

So cute...thanks for the tour!

ashley said...

i love carolina's name above the crib and the bow holder is super cute too!!!

annalee said...

i too wish we could craft together! first thing i'm copying is that calendar idea, love it!
both of their rooms are so great.

Blessed Beyond said...

Both rooms are just too darling!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE both your kids' rooms. You are extremely creative. Thanks for sharing!

Angie said...

I didn't know you were such a talented painter. All your canvases look great!

chesley said...

their rooms are super cute! you are so talented!! i see things & think maybe i could make them, but never know when i'll have time so just buy them! hopefully i'll post mine later today, but they seem so cookie cutter after these!

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

You're so talented...want to come help me?? Love the details in the rooms- perfect!!

Myra @ My Blessed Life said...

I l-o-v-e these rooms!!! I used the same letters in Carolina's room in my baby boy's room! My sister is having a baby and we might just have to do letters like that! Cute!

Tara G. said...

Your antiques are fabulous! You are a great artist- the canvases in your son's room are fantastic! And love the polka dots at the chair rail level!

Paige said...

going throu my old favorites- i saved your post because i
LOVED your polka dots!! i did the same thing- but with a sponge. they look great and it only took me a totalof maybe an hour!!! you can checkit out on my blog- http://jarodandpaige.blogspot.com/2009/09/callyns-room-revealed.html